Navigating this Brainforest
This blog is an experiment in thinking out loud in the Zettlekasten style.
The goal is to post my thoughts as they come, and update them as they germinate and grow. As ideas generate related ideas, I will link between them. You can start anywhere you’d like in this brainforest and navigate the relationships. Or you can read them in chronological order.
There are 6 categories:
- 🗨️: A quote that I find particularly interesting or worth remembering
- ❔: Open-ended questions I want to explore
- 🌰: A seed of an idea, something small and not fully thought-through. (Technically, yes, that is the chestnut emoji.)
- 🌱: The idea has begun to grow and form.
- 🌳: The thoughts are mostly all there, but they’re not fully formalized. Still, the post serves its purpose well and doesn’t need too many edits.
- 🌲: A final draft of an idea. This is the stage when most people would publish their draft as a blog post. Very few thoughts will make it all the way here, and that’s okay.
If you’d like to follow along, you have a few options. On the home page, you’ll see RSS feed links for all posts, as well as RSS feeds for each category of post. That way, if you only want to see 🌳 or 🌲 posts, you can.
You can find this blogs or other blogs like this at:
- the 516kb Club and 1MB Club- two collections of websites that prioritize substance over bloat.
- Blogroll.org- a human-curated lists of interesting blogs
- The Whimsical Web